Between the cold temperatures and difficult weather, the winter season can be stressful for many people. One group who is particularly affected, though, is the elderly.
During winter months, seniors can be much more susceptible to a range of injuries and illnesses. To help with this safety issue, Care.com broke down some helpful tips for preventing common winter dangers seniors face.
7 winter safety tips
- Wear shoes with good traction
- Dress for warmth
- Keep in contact with family
- Check your car for winter
- Prepare for power outages
- Eat a varied diet
- Replace carbon monoxide batteries