Work-related injuries can be extremely stressful. Not only is the injury a strain on your body, but it often makes it difficult to survive financially. If you’re injured at work, it’s important to understand your legal rights and responsibilities.
Here are 10 tips from NOLO on how to get the most out of your workers’ comp claim.
- Immediately report your injury
- Get prompt medical service
- Consider changing doctors
- Understand your available workers’ comp benefits
- Be prepared for independent medical examinations
- Beware of surveillance and private investigators
- Keep detailed records
- Consider appealing a denial of benefits
- Attend all scheduled legal proceedings and appointments
- Consider hiring a workers’ comp lawyer