Whether you’re in a minor fender bender or a major accident, it’s important to know which steps to follow to ensure the proper care is taken for you and your vehicle. Getting into an accident while in a rental car can be challenging, but knowing what to do can help.
According to a recent WhatHappensNow article, here are ten tips to follow if you’re in a rental car accident:
- Pull over to a safe spot, turn on your hazard lights (flashers) and stop before calling for help.
- Check for injuries. Call 9-1-1 if there are injuries.
- Watch for oncoming vehicles before exiting the car.
- Call the local police or law enforcement agent.
- Call the rental car company.
- Call your insurance agent.
- Document the damage of the accident.
- Towing the car.
- Keep copies of ALL receipts.
- Get extra estimates.