Signs of Nursing Home Abuse
If your loved one lives in a nursing home, do not ignore signs of abuse or neglect. Older Americans with limited physical, emotional and mental abilities are most likely to suffer at the hands of a nursing home worker. If you see any of the following signs of abuse or neglect, contact an attorney in Buffalo immediately.
Signs of Nursing Home Abuse:
- Bruises, welts, abrasions or injuries that neither the loved one nor the nursing home staff can explain.
- Unusual behavior, loss of appetite and excessive crying.
- Fear of being left behind at the end of the visit.
- Physical restraints.
- Medication inconsistent with what has been prescribed.
- Stories about mistreatment from loved one.
Signs of Nursing Home Neglect:
- Dirty linens and unkempt room.
- Excessive bed sores or sores that continue to worsen.
- Weight loss that might indicate food or water deprivation.
- Worsening of common ailments.
- Dazed or confused state that might indicate mediation is not being properly dispensed.
- Poor personal hygiene or soiled clothing.
- Obvious safety hazards in the room or throughout the nursing home.
- Understaffed nursing stations or lack of medical services.
Personal injury attorneys in Buffalo specialize in nursing home abuse and neglect cases to get compensation for mistreatment of your loved one. Law firms work with doctors and law enforcement to shut down nursing facilities with excessive complaints of abuse or neglect. Call lawyers in Buffalo, NY at Brown Chiari to help your loved one today.